Become an Advocate!
Proponent is always on the lookout for kindred spirits who share our passion for bettering the financial lives of members. Our people are marked by 5 Core Values which we use to set the pace for interactions and expectations in all that we do. These are Excellence, Teamwork, Protect Information, Remarkable Service, and Continuous Learning and Improvement. It’s how we live out the day-to-day. Want to help make an impact and demonstrate what it means to be an advocate? We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, offer competitive compensation and a values-based work and team environment.
What Employees Can Expect?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- Business casual dress
- Respect for work-life balance
- Special discounts on travel, recreation and day-to-day activities
Career Opportunities at Proponent
Member Relationship Executive
Proponent Federal Credit Union is growing! We are an established Credit Union, located in Nutley, NJ. We take pride in providing the finest products and services to our members. We are state-of-the-art, offering complete banking, mortgages, and loan products via mobile, web, phone, text, video, and in-person.
As a Member Relationship Executive, we’re looking for a self-starter who can:
- Promote the benefits of Proponent memberships and all that it can offer
- Craft the right solutions for each member’s circumstances
- Uncover lending opportunities
- Cultivate your loyal member base
- Build relationships to leverage them into business opportunities
- Successfully close deals
Here’s what will stand out to us:
- You are an effective listener
- You possess strong sales, negotiation, and communication skills
- You are self-motivated and strive to meet or exceed personal and team goals
- You have good attention to detail
- You can work leads effectively
- You are very comfortable learning and working with software and systems
- You are pleasant and enjoyable to work with
If this checks all of your boxes, we would love to have you apply. See the form below.
Accountant, Nutley, NJ
We are Proponent Federal Credit Union and your advocate.
That means we exist to diligently protect and nurture our members’ financial lives. It’s a responsibility we own, and skill we’ve honed over decades of practice. It shows in our strong relationships with over 21,000 members across the nation.
We operate knowing that when the group is strong, the individual benefits as well. After all, we’re members too and that means, “We’re In This Together.”
We are seeking an Accountant with a good eye for detail along with the flexibility and willingness to learn and grow.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Daily processing and reconciliation for Share Draft, ipay, Remote Deposit, daily inclearings and check adjustment requests.
- Daily processing and reconciliation for ATM and Visa settlements, ATM GL’s, Plastic Card Clearing, and ATM Terminal Clearing GL.
- Assistance with the preparation and processing of GL postings and reconciliations for monthly payments, purchases, and sales of investment securities. Research and reconcile errors and discrepancies.
- Accounts payable support, as needed
- Support the other Accounting staff in preparation of monthly financials and other reporting.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 1 year of Accounting experience
- Finance industry preferred but not necessary
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
P/T Teller, Nutley, NJ
(Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:15am-5:15pm)
Since the early 1970’s, we have been advocates for our members. That means we work to diligently protect and nurture our members financial lives. It’s a responsibility we own and skill we’ve honed over decades of practice. It shows in our strong relationships with over 24,000 members across the nation.
Our top priority is to ensure we are providing Remarkable Service in every interaction. If you embrace this value and strive for excellence, Proponent is the place for you.
As a Part-Time Teller, you will:
- Deliver remarkable and quality member service for a variety of banking transactions, including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals and check cashing
- Provide members with efficient and accurate transaction processing
- Maintain proper cash procedures according to Credit Union guidelines
- Look for opportunities to refer members to products and services that will enhance their financial well-being
- Assist with ATM settlement and account verifications
- Complete daily teller proof balancing
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year cash handling experience
- Minimum 1 year customer service or sales experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:15am-5:15pm
*All fields required