Become an Advocate!
Proponent is always on the lookout for kindred spirits who share our passion for bettering the financial lives of members. Our people are marked by 5 Core Values which we use to set the pace for interactions and expectations in all that we do. These are Excellence, Teamwork, Protect Information, Remarkable Service, and Continuous Learning and Improvement. It’s how we live out the day-to-day. Want to help make an impact and demonstrate what it means to be an advocate? We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, offer competitive compensation and a values-based work and team environment.
What Employees Can Expect?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- Business casual dress
- Respect for work-life balance
- Special discounts on travel, recreation and day-to-day activities
Career Opportunities at Proponent
Member Relationship Representative, Nutley, NJ
Since the early 1970’s, we have been advocates for our members. That means we exist to diligently protect and nurture our members’ financial lives. It’s a responsibility we own and skill we’ve honed over decades of practice. It shows in our strong relationships with over 24,000 members across the nation.
Our top priority is to ensure we are providing remarkable service in every interaction. If you embrace this value and strive for excellence, Proponent is the place for you.
As a Member Relationship Representative, you will:
- Listen to our members, and understand that being an effective advocate means taking the time to really grasp specific financial needs.
- Have the knowledge to identify all the practical options available to tangibly improve our members’ financial lives.
- Proactively anticipate financial needs by digging a little deeper and offering what we know will impact them for the better.
- Show our member’s how much we value them and their business, by consistently exceeding their expectations.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Perform Teller responsibilities as needed.
- Assist members with self-service transactions and digital banking; educate them on the benefits of not having to wait on line for transactions.
- Assist with account research, problem resolution and account maintenance (i.e. change of address, replacement of debit card).
- Identify potential opportunities; explain products and services available to members in order to develop a full account relationship.
- Educate new and existing members on current loan products. Initiate loan application process and perform loan closings. Originate mortgage applications in accordance with SAFE Act regulations.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure member’s needs are met.
Our Representatives provide the highest quality service, educate members on Credit Union products and services, and help grow the business through referrals.
The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years relevant experience in a banking environment. Supervisory experience is a plus. Additional qualifications include excellent communication skills, outstanding customer service and organizational skills. Must be flexible and willing to help out wherever needed and have a passion for working with people.
*All fields required