We are Proponent
We exist to protect and nurture members’ financial lives. It’s a responsibility we own and skill we’ve honed over decades of service. Our team of advocates are dedicated to building a working relationship with members. Everywhere together.
YOU MAY ALREADY BE ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP!
Membership is available to an individual in several different ways. You can apply for membership if you are part of the following:
- Employees of Roche, Inc. (Diagnostic, Molecular, Pharma, South Carolina, Genentec, and TCRC)
- Employees of LapCorp
- Employees of companies in the ON3 Business Park, Nutley, NJ (Modern Meadow, Ralph Lauren, HMH-CDI, and Eisai)
- Employees and students of Seton Hall-Hackensack Meridian Graduate School in the ON3 Business Park, Nutley, NJ
- Members of Cambridge Heights Condominium Association, Inc. Nutley, NJ
- Essex County NJ postal employees*
- Employees of the Township of Nutley, NJ
- Employees and Members of Nutley Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of the Nutley Free Public Library, Nutley, NJ
- Employees of Nutley Board of Education
- Employees of The Phoenix Center, Nutley, NJ
- Members of Old Guard of Nutley, NJ
- Employees and members of Holy Family Church, Nutley, NJ
- Members of the Rotary Club of Nutley, NJ
- Members of Nutley Irish American Association in Nutley, NJ
- Employees and members of Franklin Reformed Church, Nutley, NJ
- Employees of Abundant Life Academy of Nutley, NJ
- Employees and members of Abundant Life Worship Center, Nutley, NJ
Start your membership today!
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO BECOME A MEMBER
Additionally, you can become a member if you are:
- Employees or retirees of select employer groups (SEGs)
- Immediate family of existing member
- Household members of an existing member
Immediate family is defined as grandparents, parents, spouse, siblings, children, or grandchildren (including similar relations through adoption and by marriage). Household member is defined as persons permanently living in the same residence and who maintain a single economic unit.
Apply online in 3 easy steps!
BECOME A PROPONENT SELECT EMPLOYER GROUP (SEG)
Proponent membership is a unique benefit that companies can offer employees.
Becoming a Proponent Select Employer Group (SEG) is simple and costs nothing. It allows a company to offer Proponent’s exclusive membership benefits to employees including a wide range of member-centric products, services and better rates. What’s more, it’s a benefit that employees have for life and can share with family members.
To become a SEG of Proponent, follow these procedures:
A company must complete the following two (2) documents:
The Letter of Intent must be on your company letterhead. Both documents must be signed and dated by the appropriate officer/owner. Address, phone number and email are required. Please also ensure the number of employees is filled in.
Each SEG request will be reviewed by both the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) and Proponent board members before a decision is rendered.
Currently, we are only seeking potential SEG approvals to businesses that are in Nutley NJ and adjacent municipalities as well as in Alamance County NC which is our primary business areas.
Email both completed forms to SEGApplications@profcu.org. Please allow 3-5 business days for a reply.
HOW WE BENEFIT YOU
- Unique offerings you won’t find at other financial institutions
- Loan decisions made locally with competitive rates
- Most transactions can be done through our Digital Banking platform available 24/7
- Share your membership benefits with your family
- Your accounts are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUA)
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Auto Loans – Rates as low as 1.99% APR1 and terms up to 96 months.
- Deposits – Savings, Checking, and Certificates.
- Mortgages – Low rates, expert guidance, and rate lock with float down2.
- Home Equity Loans – Available introductory rate of 1.99% APR3 for 6 months.
- Personal Loans – Borrow for any purpose at rates as low as 7.99% APR4.
- Credit Cards – No-fee balance transfers, a Cash Advantage, no annual fee, and more.
- Access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs in the Allpoint Network
Plus Digital Banking with great features
- Mobile Check Deposit
- External Transfers
- Online Bill Pay
- Personal Finance Manager and more!
HOW A CREDIT UNION IS DIFFERENT THAN A BANK
Credit unions provide traditional personal banking services, but as a member-owned not-for-profit cooperative, we provide an alternative to for-profit banks. Any profits made are returned back to members in the form of reduced fees, higher savings rates and lower loan rates.
Great low rates, flexible terms and YOU. Perfect together.
*Newark, NJ Post Office Employees are ineligible for Proponent membership because they are covered by Newark NJ PO Employees’ Credit Union.
1 APR = Annual Percentage Rate. APR is based on credit worthiness, loan type, loan to value and term of the loan. Rate cannot be lower than 1.99%. Example monthly payment for a $20,000 New Auto loan at 1.99% for 48 months would be $433.94. Other restrictions may apply. Financing available up to 96 months on a new vehicle and 84 months on a Used Auto, Auto Refinance or Recreational. Auto Refinance available on vehicles not currently financed at Proponent. Rate and terms subject to change. Up to 100% financing available, based on NADA “retail” value. Restrictions apply on financing a vehicle with a Loan to Value over 100%.
2 Rate lock period is for members who have been preliminarily approved and are in contract to purchase or refinance a property with a closing date within 60 days. The benefit allows for one float down for applicants to re-lock their interest rate should rates decrease during the lock period of 60 days from contract receipt. Members will not incur any additional costs to utilize the benefit. Proponent reserves the right to modify or discontinue products and benefits at any time without notice.
3 APR = Annual Percentage Rate: The 1.99% annual percentage rate is an introductory fixed rate for the first 6 months from the loan open date for qualified home equity line of credit borrowers and are subject to credit approval. Refinancing within 24 months of existing Proponent Home Equity Line of Credit loan does not qualify for the promotional rate.
Promotional Information: Your monthly payment during the promotional period will be calculated on the total loan balance at the fully indexed rate. After an advance, the loan will recalculate out to a 240 month repayment and interest will be calculated on the advanced balance at the promotional rate. Rate after 6 months from the open date will float with Prime Rate, under the terms of your credit line agreement.
Variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is based on The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate published on the last business day of the month minus 0.50% with a floor of 4.00%. Rates may vary depending on credit worthiness and value of your home.
Loan to Value (LTV) and/or Combined LTV (CLTV) restrictions apply. Rates are subject to change without notice.
Property must be owner-occupied. Home Equity Line of Credit loans are available up to 95% Loan to Value on 1-4 family home and up to 85% Loan to Value on Condominiums/Townhomes. Home equity lines of credit are available in first or second lien positions.
Not available for homes currently for sale. The minimum loan amount is $7,500. State specific tax fees may apply at closing. Homeowner’s insurance is required; flood insurance is required where applicable.
4 APR = Annual Percentage Rate. An example monthly payment for a $20,000 personal loan at 7.99% for 60 months would be $406.72. All loans are subject to credit approval. Rates, terms and conditions vary based on creditworthiness and amount financed. Other restrictions may apply. Rate and terms subject to change.