DON’T BE FOOLED
The postcard below is not from Proponent
Recently we’ve seen a rise in mysterious postcards being mailed to members referring to a recently closed mortgage you may have with Proponent. It will ask you to call a phone number to discuss the matter. These postcards are not from Proponent. If you receive a postcard like this, It is a scam and do not call the number!
Have you already called? Contact Proponent immediately 800.457.8058.
As your Advocate, Proponent would never send you a postcard requesting that you call us regarding your mortgage. All communications regarding your personal accounts would be through first class mail in sealed envelopes, through email personally addressed to you, or by direct phone calls.
Here are some tell-tale signs to watch out for letting you know it’s a scam:
- In the bottom right corner, you’ll see a “All information provided by H.W.C… loan information not provided by Proponent Federal Credit Union”. All of our communications would clearly state that it is from Proponent.
- Postcards coming from other names such as loandepot.com, Heritage Warranty Company, and Mortgage Protection Services are bogus companies as well.
- You’ll notice a Mortgage ID number displayed. Proponent would not show any personal information of yours on a postcard.
- The phone number displayed does not match Proponent’s member support phone number.
- The fact that it’s a postcard instead of a sealed first-class letter is a big red flag.
Watch this video to learn more about these mortgage postcard scams: